Aus Wiki CCC Göttingen
Here is a list of jobs you can do, if you want to contribute to the LED Cube Series.
- Write new explanatory articles. For example:
- AVR Toolchain on different linux distributions, mac os, windows.
- The explanatory articles have to be proofread:
- If you are experienced in the field of the respective article, try to fix errors and add additional explanation where you think it is necessary.
- If you are a beginner and currently trying to understand an article, point out where you think we should explain something differently.
- Translate the articles. They have been written in english to reach a wider audience, but the workshops are still held in Germany.
- Extend your cube and present the mods on a wiki page or your own website. Ideas for mods:
- SPI Memory for the ISP header to store much bigger animations. (If you are in Goettingen, ask Marvin to get the required components. He probably has them.)
- Linking of multiple cubes via a serial link. (Asynchronous, synchronous, whatever you want ;) )
- 3D VU-Meter
- Try to use the LEDs as inputs to program the cube. (You will have to check if this is possible... it might not be easy.)
- Create a bootloader GUI for Linux (Package it for some common distributions), Windows, Mac.
- Even better: Create a bootloader firefox plugin.